Exercise of the Week: Dumbbell Flyes
Hi fitness folks! I hope you all have been seeing some improvements in not only your health but physique as well! It is time for another exercise of the week and we are going to continue focusing on the chest. The exercise you should try out next are called dumbbell flyes, an isolation exercise. You are going to need a flat bench – though you can use an incline or decline bench – and two dumbbells appropriate for your exercise. Once you have gathered all of those things it is time to begin the exercise:
- Lie flat on the bench with a dumbbell in each hand. Rest the weights on your thighs or have a partner place them into your hands when you are ready to do the exercise. Make sure your palms are facing each other.
- Now raise the dumbbells up as if you were pressing them but not all the way; you do not want to lock your elbows. This is the starting position.
- Next lower your arms in a wide arc until you feel your chest muscles working. Breathe in as you do this and keep in mind the only joints that should be moving are your shoulder joints.
- Lastly bring your arms back to the starting position in a wide arc and squeeze your chest muscles. Breathe out as you do this.
- Perform in as many reps and sets as dictated in your workout regimen.