Exercise of the Week: Wrist Roller
Hello everyone! I hope your newly found love of healthy living and training regimen has been helping you meet your life goal of becoming more lean and fit. This week I will be continuing to focus on your arm muscles by moving on to your forearms with an exercise called the wrist roller. What you are going to need to do this exercise – which should be available at your gym – is a round tube with a strong rope attached to it and a way for you to attach weight plates to the other end of the rope. But once that is set up it is time to do the exercise.
- Stand straight and fully extend your arms with the wrist roller in both your hands. Be sure to have your palms facing down.
- Make sure the appropriate weight is attached to the end and the rope is fully uncoiled from the roller.
- Once you are ready rotate each wrist in an upward motion to coil the rope and bring the weights up to your hands.
- Once it has reached the top slowly rotate your wrists in a downward motion to fully uncoil the rope and bring the weights down.
- Repeat for as many repetitions and as many sets as required of your regimen.
This is a challenging but effective way to work out your forearms. Remember, for the sake of wellness keep yourself hydrated!